Help Please, need to identify my chickens

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I got 6 chickens from my uncle so I built a coop with a fenced in run, I do not know what breed they are, I am pretty sure 2 of them are roosters but not sure so I thought I would post here.

This is one of them I think is a rooster? what breed is this?
image1pxn.jpg

This is what 3 of them look like, what are these?
image2hw.jpg

And this is a couple of them together, this shows the feathers and back well of one of the "roosters" that I am assuming is a rooster anyway lol, it also shows the brown ones better.
image3iu.jpg

imagebmd.jpg

Last edited:
sorry if you clicked on this before I got the pics fixed, they are up now and should be ok. Still trying to figure out the whole image posting process. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
I'm not to sure, the black ones look like black stars\\sex-links. I'm also not very good at guessing breeds from the top, but I'll do my best. I'm pretty sure that the first picture is a rooster, he looks bigger than the others and I think I can see some sickles coming in. THe second to bottom pic, I'm pretty sure has two roosters in it (top right two birds). They are beautiful birds though!
big_smile.png

I will try to get some better pictures from the front, when I look at pics of black sex links they look pretty close to the brown and black ones that I have and the roosters look kinda like that too

Ok I got some better pictures, sorry for the grainy pics I took them with my iphone on low quality for lower uploading size.

image3ww.jpg

image1hn.jpg

image4ja.jpg

image2sg.jpg

OK, I got an email from a user saying the roosters are "easter eggers" and the black and brown are black sex links which is what I thought. Hope to be posting pics of eggs soon
wink.png

Thanks, I do my best to make sure these kids get a bunch of good food lol, between scratching around in the grass around their pen and eating the food and treats they seem to be bottomless pits lol.

Quote:
I totally agree! (btw I understand about the grainy pics, It drives me nuts when I don't have a good camera on hand
barnie.gif
.)

Back
Top Bottom