Help please !!! Overthinker here

It wouldn't let me upload a video but those little white specks are all moving? And eventually stop. Thanks so much for your help everyone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-123802_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220827-123802_Gallery.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 2
The picture tells us that she has tapeworms, and regular wormers will not treat that. You need to get a wormer with praziquantel, such as droncit, and some horse wormers. In the US those are Equimax or Zimectrin Gold, but you should check with your vet in the UK in case they can give you those or a dog and cat tablet containing praziquantel or droncit.

Tapeworms are less common in chickens, and they get them by eating an intermediate host, such as earthworms, beetles, flies, grasshoppers, snails, and slugs that contain the tapeworm eggs. Removing access to those hosts, and picking up her contaminated droppings can help to control them.

The picture tells us that she has tapeworms, and regular wormers will not treat that. You need to get a wormer with praziquantel, such as droncit, and some horse wormers. In the US those are Equimax or Zimectrin Gold, but you should check with your vet in the UK in case they can give you those or a dog and cat tablet containing praziquantel or droncit.

Tapeworms are less common in chickens, and they get them by eating an intermediate host, such as earthworms, beetles, flies, grasshoppers, snails, and slugs that contain the tapeworm eggs. Removing access to those hosts, and picking up her contaminated droppings can help to control them.
thankyou , I will contact the vets on Monday and try the agriculture shop today

Thankyou I have ordered some panacur 18% as this contains praziquantel. It's coming tomorrow. We have just moved house and the garden leads onto to a horse and dog kennels, plenty of slugs and bugs in the garden. I do watch her free ranging as I'm an anxious chicken mum so at least now I know. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom