Help Please Sick Duckling

Let him rest. Yes, I have saved some. For now I would give him just sugar water or sugar water with a pinch of electrolytes. If he perks up in a few hours try the egg yolk. He probably got stressed in shipping. It was hot here in Memphis yesterday, where Metzer ships from. So he may have gotten over heated or chilled in the air conditioning. Glucose is his main energy source so the sugar will help unless his system is already shutting down. Then, all you can do is make him comfortable. Prayers!
Thank you so much 🙏

How's the little duckling?
Hi, he still has his eyes shut and they seem to have some discharge. Water has come out of his nares a few times and I saw blood come out last time after I gave him water. I have since stopped and left him alone to rest. Hes making a lot of chirping noises hopefully he makes it through the night. 🙏

I hope some rest and quiet helps him perk up.
Thank you so much. I hope so! I separated him from the others with a divider fingers crossed he fees better soon. I wonder if I should give an antibiotic if he doesnt improve, but I haven’t really found much information on antibiotics safe for ducklings and their dosage.

Back
Top Bottom