Help please with writing

Don't you know it's just not very humane to prolong someone's ultimate demise? Hmmm . . . did I mean us, the readers, or Cocky? Enjoy the fiesta . . . it's snowing here in Colorado!!

Well, that's it. Cocky is no more. Final instalment is posted on My Page, Cocky, Part 6.
sad.png

Let me know if you'd like me to post any more stories.

Coopa: Snow already! My!

Victoria

I'm sorry, I'm so dense. What exactly killed Cocky, did they just eat the chickens themselves?

I really enjoyed the story, I just feel stupid for not understanding the end.

Quote:
Thanx faykokoWV - I was too embarrassed to say I didn't understand it, either.
Victoria, I was thoroughly entralled until the end, and then I just sat there and said to myself "I don't get it." I just figured there was some slang words/expressions that I'm not familiar with. And I never sensed anything "sticky" about his demise. And what is 'genet'? I'm just lost.

Oh gosh! I'm mortified! It's not your fault, it must be my writing...

The story at that point:

The next day, Joe phoned Cauliflower as promised.
“Er, Caul? It’s Joe. Just checking that Cocky and his wives are okay.”
“Hey, man, gotta bit o’ bad news.”
“Oh dear, what’s the matter?”
“Sorry, man, ’fraid Cocky and the chickens didn’t make it.”
“They’re dead?”
“Yeah, man.”
“Oh no! What happened? Foxes?”
“No, man. A genet got ’em in the night.”
“A genet? What’s a genet?”
“Carnivore, man. Climbs trees. ’Bout the size of a cat. Drinks blood. Bit their heads off.” It was a long speech for Cauliflower.
“Oh, no! That’s awful.” Joe was shocked. “I’ve never heard of a genet before.”
“Sorry, man.”
“Oh well, nothing we can do about it. Pity.”
“Yeah, man.”
“One more thing, Caul. Those other chickens you said you had a couple of years before. What happened to them?”n“Genet had ’em too, man.”nnnCocky and the Twins were killed by a genet. We'd never heard of a genet before, but it's a furry, carniverous, ferocious mammal that hunts at night. A genet is cat-sized and drinks blood. (Yukkkkkk!) Poor Cocky and the Twins were roosting and the genet got them in the night. Cauliflower never told us about his last chickens, and how they'd got eaten by a genet.nnYou are not dense AT ALL! You just had never heard of a genet, like we hadn't. We had to look 'genet' up on wiki ourselves. Then we were furious that Cauliflower had accepted Cocky and the Twins knowing there were genets about.nnVictoriannPS Link to wiki about genets [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genet_(animal)]Wiki on genets[/URL]

Back
Top Bottom