HELP please xx Bruised Muscovy duck egg

Pics
What kind of ducks? 28 day hatchers?

Tough call. I’d say give it another day or two before worrying too much, but keep an eye on the bruise for any size or color change. Hopefully the air cell will continue to extend back there. It’s kinda early to have been a pip attempt. And since there’s still a slight bit of clear area inside the membrane, just below the air cell, it still has a little growing to do.

But if the outside of the shell looks worse in the next couple of days, you might want to consider a safe hole as close to the bill as you can determine.

What kind of ducks? 28 day hatchers?

Tough call. I’d say give it another day or two before worrying too much, but keep an eye on the bruise for any size or color change. Hopefully the air cell will continue to extend back there. It’s kinda early to have been a pip attempt. And since there’s still a slight bit of clear area inside the membrane, just below the air cell, it still has a little growing to do.

But if the outside of the shell looks worse in the next couple of days, you might want to consider a safe hole as close to the bill as you can determine.
They are Aylesbury ducks so yes I think 28 days. Thank you for your help much appreciated. It doesn’t look like a pip. It’s quite hard to tell but if you look at the second picture I sent the dot on the left is the same dot as the one in picture 1

They are Aylesbury ducks so yes I think 28 days. Thank you for your help much appreciated. It doesn’t look like a pip. It’s quite hard to tell but if you look at the second picture I sent the dot on the left is the same dot as the one in picture 1

I see now. My personal thought is it should be fine. Many times bruises happen much further away, like down toward the pointed end of the egg, and are an indication that the ducklings bill is in that area, which would be malpositioned. With yours, even if his bill caused the bruise, it’s still close enough to the air cell, and likely positioned correctly to hatch.
Good luck! Keep us posted if you can.

I see now. My personal thought is it should be fine. Many times bruises happen much further away, like down toward the pointed end of the egg, and are an indication that the ducklings bill is in that area, which would be malpositioned. With yours, even if his bill caused the bruise, it’s still close enough to the air cell, and likely positioned correctly to hatch.
Thank you. Will definitely keep you posted :)

It’s has got allot darker over night but there is still lots of movement in the egg I really don’t know what’s going on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 8
It’s has got allot darker over night but there is still lots of movement in the egg I really don’t know what’s going on

Hmmm does the whole air cell end look wet, like the pic appears?
I would guess that it made a tiny hole in the membrane, without breaking the shell, and the excess fluid has leaked into the air cell. Probably caused humidity inside the air cell to increase and moistened that part of the shell.
Do you still see movement of the baby?
Do you see any liquid floating around in the air cell?
Has the air cell drawn down yet?

Hmmm does the whole air cell end look wet, like the pic appears?
I would guess that it made a tiny hole in the membrane, without breaking the shell, and the excess fluid has leaked into the air cell. Probably caused humidity inside the air cell to increase and moistened that part of the shell.
Do you still see movement of the baby?
Do you see any liquid floating around in the air cell?
Has the air cell drawn down yet?
No I don’t think the air cell is wet and the baby is still loving. Does this look normal it doesn’t quite look right but idk.

Attachments

• 111FF303-A738-4F6E-AF0C-1D19FDA17BAB.jpeg
    111FF303-A738-4F6E-AF0C-1D19FDA17BAB.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 6
  • 945961C7-4E7C-4C62-B55A-8FC3DF64FC3B.jpeg
    945961C7-4E7C-4C62-B55A-8FC3DF64FC3B.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 97F199F3-D55F-408D-8BA1-3BD0C7F33281.jpeg
    97F199F3-D55F-408D-8BA1-3BD0C7F33281.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 6406128E-643B-4C53-8F1A-7CC2FF982890.jpeg
    6406128E-643B-4C53-8F1A-7CC2FF982890.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 0502E6E3-B406-4A8F-9109-52CB896ED144.jpeg
    0502E6E3-B406-4A8F-9109-52CB896ED144.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 7
Sad to say, but it looks like a quitter to me. Are you positive you see movement inside? Not just caused by you moving the egg around? Hold it very still and candle.
If its still alive, it looks like it has a about a week worth of growing left, and is not ready to hatch yet.

Sad to say, but it looks like a quitter to me. Are you positive you see movement inside? Not just caused by you moving the egg around? Hold it very still and candle.
If its still alive, it looks like it has a about a week worth of growing left, and is not ready to hatch yet.
I am out at the moment I’m pretty sure I did see it move but I will double check when I get back thank you for your help :)

It’s not doing big movements but I can see little twitches here and there when I’m holding it still. Could this just be coincidence?

Back
Top Bottom