Help please

My advice to new keepers of chicks is to take a chill pill and not assume something is wrong unless there is something obviously wrong.
The problem is is kind of hard to take a chill pill when you find a Bulger on the side of your checks neck that's bigger than her head. So you don't know if there's obviously something wrong. That's why I was posting this. But I do appreciate your input.

So she is acting normal?
Yes she's acting absolutely normal. Doesn't show any signs of pain when I touch it or anything like that doesn't feel gritty so that's why I thought it was a pus pocket an air pocket or a liquid type pocket. The only reason I noticed that there is because she jumped in my lap and I see this bald spot when I looked at the bald spot I noticed a small lump an hour later that lump tripled in size.

I would check the other chicks, just in case it is the crop. It is a little different in baby chicks, but basically in the upper right chest. They are normally full as the chicks are eating all day long.
[/ATTACH]View attachment 1709474
I did that immediately when I found that bulge on her just in case something was going around in the cage. That's why I was wondering if I should quarantine her since none of the others are showing signs of what's going on with her and I'm still learning as far as what the crop is. To me is part of gardening. LOL

Back
Top Bottom