Help please

I would check the other chicks, just in case it is the crop. It is a little different in baby chicks, but basically in the upper right chest. They are normally full as the chicks are eating all day long.
[/ATTACH]
upload_2019-3-21_17-31-46.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-21_17-31-3.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-21_17-31-3.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 2
I forgot to mention that the picture where the chicks head is turned looking at me... That lump I'm holding between my figures is the bubble or liquid lump. And it seems to be connecting from where the wing connects to under her neck.

I just started my first brooding pen with 16 chicks. I picked up my day old chicks yesterday. All the chicks settled in wonderfully they are all active, eating, drinking, etc. As they have done since I put them in the pen last night the all came running to me.

I noticed this time one of my Plymouth Rock gal had no down on what looked like the wing. What I found when I straightened the wing was what looked like a small puss sack. I called the feed store I bought her at and asked about it. He said it was probably just part of the yolk she was was still absorbing. An hour later I decided to take pics of it so I could monitor it. It's huge now, actually bigger then her head.

Anyway, I thought I would contact y'all here since I've been using the site quite a lot.

Please help me. I don't know if I need to quarantine her, worry about her or relax. She is very active, eats and drinks. Plays with all the toys and such. Anyway, I've attached pics of what's going on. I hope y'all can see what going on and give me advise on what's go in: on.View attachment 1709399 View attachment 1709404 View attachment 1709405 View attachment 1709406 View attachment 1709407 View attachment 1709410
I just started my first brooding pen with 16 chicks. I picked up my day old chicks yesterday. All the chicks settled in wonderfully they are all active, eating, drinking, etc. As they have done since I put them in the pen last night the all came running to me.

I noticed this time one of my Plymouth Rock gal had no down on what looked like the wing. What I found when I straightened the wing was what looked like a small puss sack. I called the feed store I bought her at and asked about it. He said it was probably just part of the yolk she was was still absorbing. An hour later I decided to take pics of it so I could monitor it. It's huge now, actually bigger then her head.

Anyway, I thought I would contact y'all here since I've been using the site quite a lot.

Please help me. I don't know if I need to quarantine her, worry about her or relax. She is very active, eats and drinks. Plays with all the toys and such. Anyway, I've attached pics of what's going on. I hope y'all can see what going on and give me advise on what's go in: on.View attachment 1709399 View attachment 1709404 View attachment 1709405 View attachment 1709406 View attachment 1709407 View attachment 1709410

is there a scab on the swelling?
is the swelling hard or squishy or what?
does it seem to hurt the chick if you poke or touch it?
There's no scab or anything on it the picture I have with the white circle is just bare skin hasn't been plucked out or anything it doesn't look like at least. As far as how the mass feels it feels like either liquid or a bubble or pus or something like that. But just since I found it it seems to have grown.

Back
Top Bottom