Help please!

Oceandancer

Hatching
Jun 6, 2020
So I bought some turkeys and Rhode Island reds from our local TS and besides having one turkey die very young, there’s been NO issues until this week.
All four baby turkeys died without warning, plus two of the four RIR chicks. They were only nine weeks old. I have them on a flock raiser feed.
I did a ton of research before I bought them. Is there something I missed? Possible predator? I’m at a loss.
Thanks in advance

Is the feed you are using Purina brand? Over the years they have poisoned many poor innocent animals. The latest recall of their food was for chick starter in March. I tried to find the website for the CDA recalls, but can't find it right now. The latest recall was because the chick food had too much calcium. Too much calcium causes kidney failure in young birds. Is this what happened to yours? I don't know, I'm not a vet. Could be. Also because the feed you had at first was ok. Then you got the bad feed and suddenly you are loosing your flock. You may want to check this out further. Remember, I could be wrong! I do not use any Purina feeds for any animals because of their poor quality control and constant recalls. Best of luck with your remaining chickens! :hugs So sorry for your loss!

Is the feed you are using Purina brand? Over the years they have poisoned many poor innocent animals. The latest recall of their food was for chick starter in March. I tried to find the website for the CDA recalls, but can't find it right now. The latest recall was because the chick food had too much calcium. Too much calcium causes kidney failure in young birds. Is this what happened to yours? I don't know, I'm not a vet. Could be. Also because the feed you had at first was ok. Then you got the bad feed and suddenly you are loosing your flock. You may want to check this out further. Remember, I could be wrong! I do not use any Purina feeds for any animals because of their poor quality control and constant recalls. Best of luck with your remaining chickens! :hugs So sorry for your loss!
Yes the flock raiser feed I’ve been using is Purina.😥 I bought it at the same time I got the chicks from TS and I’ve kept them on it since I got it. I had no idea! Do you have any suggestions for a new brand of feed? I wonder if I can take this up with TS because they’re the ones who told me to get Purina in the first place...
Thank you so much!!

Did any of the poults have mustard colored poop? As for purina flock raiser, many (myself included) have used it for years with no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom