Help please!

K C Smith

Chirping
Sep 1, 2020
Greeley, CO
Not sure what is going on with my favorite hen! She has always been a loner, but this is not like her at all. She has not moved out of her spot in the coop, all she does is lay down and sleep. It has been about a week. I don’t think she is eating or drinking. She always has her wings out like she is supporting herself. She doesn’t take her dirt baths so she has “butt stuff” stuck to her. I know she is not keeping an egg worm. Very unresponsive and my other hens will peck at her. I have brought her in to separate her from the others. She also looks like he coloring on he comb is more of a brown instead of the bright red it should be. Please help me as I don’t want to lose my Lil Bits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 35
Not sure what is going on with my favorite hen! She has always been a loner, but this is not like her at all. She has not moved out of her spot in the coop, all she does is lay down and sleep. It has been about a week. I don’t think she is eating or drinking. She always has her wings out like she is supporting herself. She doesn’t take her dirt baths so she has “butt stuff” stuck to her. I know she is not keeping an egg worm. Very unresponsive and my other hens will peck at her. I have brought her in to separate her from the others. She also looks like he coloring on he comb is more of a brown instead of the bright red it should be. Please help me as I don’t want to lose my Lil Bits.
Here is a better picture of her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom