Help please :)

I suggest doing this for the one with the yolk.

Written by @Pyxis
from this article: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

"Yolk Sac Not Fully Absorbed

Your chick hatched early, or you assisted a little too soon, and the yolk was not done absorbing. Don't panic, there's an easy fix. Firstly, you need to get that chick back into the lower half of its shell, if it has come out. Tuck it gently back in there. This will protect the yolk and keep it from getting ruptured. Next, you need to keep the chick in the shell and from being able to push itself out. We accomplish this by placing the chick, shell and all, into a small cup, which will hold the shell and the chick upright, thus preventing it from getting out of the egg. I find that a disposable plastic cup works well for this. You may have to prop the egg upright by using a dry paper towel to hold it in the proper position.

Chick in a cup.jpg

If there is a lot of yolk, it may take some time for the chick to finish absorbing it. Just let it be. When it's done, it'll be really moving around and struggling to get out of the bottom of the shell."

The lighter-colored one did not absorb its yolk. Some people have had them finish absorbing I never have been able to save one. The black one has a better chance. Can you get a picture of the black one's cord and I will tell you where to cut it.
The black one does seem like he’s getting stronger by the hour
FA5D3A8F-F67A-492F-B870-63BE1C365426.jpeg
0EC093F3-DA7B-4697-94A6-F3E19F056B85.jpeg
F4D0A72E-9897-4405-BE02-FA3E5C495A41.jpeg

I suggest doing this for the one with the yolk.

Written by @Pyxis
from this article: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

"Yolk Sac Not Fully Absorbed

Your chick hatched early, or you assisted a little too soon, and the yolk was not done absorbing. Don't panic, there's an easy fix. Firstly, you need to get that chick back into the lower half of its shell, if it has come out. Tuck it gently back in there. This will protect the yolk and keep it from getting ruptured. Next, you need to keep the chick in the shell and from being able to push itself out. We accomplish this by placing the chick, shell and all, into a small cup, which will hold the shell and the chick upright, thus preventing it from getting out of the egg. I find that a disposable plastic cup works well for this. You may have to prop the egg upright by using a dry paper towel to hold it in the proper position.

Chick in a cup.jpg

If there is a lot of yolk, it may take some time for the chick to finish absorbing it. Just let it be. When it's done, it'll be really moving around and struggling to get out of the bottom of the shell."
Do you think it will work the same if left how he is just slightly pushed in a little more as it’s going to be hard to get him back in the bit of shell and I may rupture it doing so?

The lighter-colored one did not absorb its yolk. Some people have had them finish absorbing I never have been able to save one. The black one has a better chance. Can you get a picture of the black one's cord and I will tell you where to cut it.
3503987E-3FF7-4858-81B1-92167703BDAE.jpeg

So basically as close to the shell as possible? If it bleeds will he/she bleed out or? I’m going to attempt to do this now but want to make sure it’s not going to harm further, it’s been a long stressful day already 😂
You're doing great! :hugs Ideally as close to the body as possible if there is no vein. But given the amount of blood, I picked a conservative place to cut.

You're doing great! :hugs Ideally as close to the body as possible if there is no vein. But given the amount of blood, I picked a conservative place to cut.
Ok im going to attempt to cut it now I will be back after to let you no how it goes, if it does bleed is there anything I need to do to stop the bleeding? Even tho I will be extremely careful not to cut a vein

Just the pressure and wiggling there might cause it to bleed. Just be ready with a paper towel to apply pressure. Good luck!

52236B59-323F-4CAC-A094-0C8B0485981B.jpeg
8B5F9AAB-1624-4FB7-917E-EDF756829C48.jpeg
D74D5FC1-D5D4-4C7E-9644-4FE12C2ED352.jpeg
So I’ve just cut it off as close to the body as I could see that didn’t have red veins..is this close enough? Will it sort itself out now? He seems very vocal but still not try to move around seems very sleepy but vocal..

Back
Top Bottom