help please

jasmine0613

Chirping
Aug 8, 2021
hello I've been here, for now, a month.
my rooster is sick since this morning once again. from what i can observe he is shivering a bit his eyes are watery his tail is also down..his body is very hot as well..i have wiped his eyes with a warm cloth..and fed him some honey water..he is not eating his feed and currently sleeping in his coop...please help me and reply asap..

You should quarantine him if you haven't yet. dissolve some feed in the water so he at least gets something untill he’s eating again.

he probably has an infection, you should start him on antibiotics ASAP

You should quarantine him if you haven't yet. dissolve some feed in the water so he at least gets something untill he’s eating again.

he probably has an infection, you should start him on antibiotics ASAP
I quarantined him soon as he has gotten sick.
update-he is feeling a Lil better his tail is also gone up and he's drinking the glucose water..
can you suggest to me some liquid food as well as name of some antibiotics?

Does he have bubbles or pus in his eyes, swelling around them, sneeze or cough, wheezing, or head shaking? Does he have a respiratory disease? Antibiotics can only treat a bacterial disease, and some respiratory diseases can be viruses. Can you get him drinking water, and give some Poultry NutriDrench for a boost? Has he been sick before, and have you dealt with a respiratory infection in your flock? What is your location?

Does he have bubbles or pus in his eyes, swelling around them, sneeze or cough, wheezing, or head shaking? Does he have a respiratory disease? Antibiotics can only treat a bacterial disease, and some respiratory diseases can be viruses. Can you get him drinking water, and give some Poultry NutriDrench for a boost? Has he been sick before, and have you dealt with a respiratory infection in your flock? What is your location?
he has bubble in his eyelids don't know about swelling cuz i can't see it but watery eyes(when he was sick).he doesn't sneeze or cough.
I don't know about respiratory problems cuz we don't have a rooster specific vet here...i live in india...
He has been sick like this and always get well within a day which is confusing to me as i don't know what actually happened to him..
I gave him glucose water and his feed(millet) and he is eating now..
I have another rooster who is well comparative to him..
I am keeping my two roosters as my pets.

If you can get Tylosin, Denagard, or Baytril (enrofloxacin) can be used to treat symptoms of mycoplasma or MG, which might be what he has. @Saaniya is located in India, and might be able to help with suggestions where to find these or a complete chicken feed for roosters.

I would try to feed him other grains to give him a complete diet. Millet alone is not good enough, lacking vitamins and minerals, and protein. Oats, corn, barley, quinoa, sunflower seed, and other grains may be added.

If you can get Tylosin, Denagard, or Baytril (enrofloxacin) can be used to treat symptoms of mycoplasma or MG, which might be what he has. @Saaniya is located in India, and might be able to help with suggestions where to find these or a complete chicken feed for roosters.

I would try to feed him other grains to give him a complete diet. Millet alone is not good enough, lacking vitamins and minerals, and protein. Oats, corn, barley, quinoa, sunflower seed, and other grains may be added.
thank you so much...i hope i can take better care of both roosters and give you good outcome..:)

Get some baytril in india u will get baytril by Conflox name or Doxycycline Neomycin Composition named as Vendox 1 pinch in small bowl 2 times a day and start it in water . If u find Conflox start directly in mouth only 1 tiny drop 2 times a day .

But don't give honey and other things sometimes it ruin the case

Get some baytril in india u will get baytril by Conflox name or Doxycycline Neomycin Composition named as Vendox 1 pinch in small bowl 2 times a day and start it in water . If u find Conflox start directly in mouth only 1 tiny drop 2 times a day .

But don't give honey and other things sometimes it ruin the case
Ok thank you i will try to find

Back
Top Bottom