Help please

Thankyou for your help, iv put dewormer in her water now. She does look a lot more relaxed by herself. I use smite in my coups to clean them. They have hay to nest in. I havnt found the product to put in their food called DE but i will talk to the local vet today to see if its something i can get in.

I have some DE so i will treat her with that today too. Hopefully it all helps. Thankyou so much for your advice and help
DE will not be effective for worms or mites. Can you get permethrine livestock dust or spray?
I'm fairly certain she's being aggressive since she's weaning her babies. Worms and mites don't typically cause aggression. I'd seperate her for now so she cools down.
DE will cause respiratory issues, long term.
Edit for clarity.

Last edited:
I use smite in my coups to clean them.

I assume when you tell "smite", you are talking about this product : https://store.pggwrightson.co.nz/smite-organic-natural-mite-powder-111360
...Am I wrong?
If not, know it is food grade Diatomaceous Earth.

DE will not be effective for worms or mites.

Food grade Diatomaceous Earth works fine with me...

I actually could SAVE a dying rooster's life by using it - details here : https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/about-food-grade-diatomaceous-earth.1606285/

Can you get permethrine livestock dust or spray?

Permethrine is a neurotoxin... among other things!

I really can not understand how people could recommend and/or use such a product around their animals...?

Thankyou everyone i am doing worm treatment today, luckily we are having a cooler day and i have cleaned and dusted the coup. Iv tried to keep her seperated but she escaped not long ago. I will seperate her again if i see any crazy behaviour. Iv just learned of a place called appletons that do all things for chickens so i can have a look at this other product called permethrin. For today i only have smite wich iv now learned is DE. Its so good to have you all to talk to and learn from as my name suggests i no more about cows than chickens lol and i just want to do my best for my chickens.

Thankyou everyone i am doing worm treatment today, luckily we are having a cooler day and i have cleaned and dusted the coup. Iv tried to keep her seperated but she escaped not long ago. I will seperate her again if i see any crazy behaviour. Iv just learned of a place called appletons that do all things for chickens so i can have a look at this other product called permethrin. For today i only have smite wich iv now learned is DE. Its so good to have you all to talk to and learn from as my name suggests i no more about cows than chickens lol and i just want to do my best for my chickens.
Worming here is usually done with albendazole or fenbendazole. Those are used in sheep, cattle and goats. In some countries levamisole is used. For mites in some countries, Pestene which contains sulfur is used.

Back
Top Bottom