help please!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Cavendish Chickens, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    Okay. I have 7 bantam chicks. 2 are golden sebrights, 2 wheaton ameraucanas, 2 mille fleur, and 1... I don't know what he is... maybe java? All a month old. Anyway... one of my mille fleur's has been hit by some disorder, and hit hard. He can't hold his head/neck still, and topples over when he tries to walk. It's like involuntary muscular movements that just doesn't stop. I'm not sure if he is even getting any sleep, because it won't stop. I give him water with a syringe, and he is able to eat wetted down chick feed. I know it isn't coccidia because the chicks were tested by the vet last week. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with him, and what I can do? No we won't "cull" him. We can't kill animals. I wish we had the money to just take him to the vet. But PLEASE... any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

2. ilovebuffs

ilovebuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Senoia, GA
    You may want to look up Marek's disease. It sounds similar to what your chick has. I've had several with this...it is no fun. But supposedly there is a cure-I have never tried it but it's in this link...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/post.php?tid=475067

I'm not sure how to make it a hyperlink but that is the address. I'm sorry, I hope your chick gets better. [​IMG]

3. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    I don't think this is the right link. It just keeps giving me a page to make a new post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by