Help Please!!

I have more bad news
hit.gif
. I got home yesterday and went up to put the animals away and noticed that one of the sebbies (the lavender female) that i rescued from the lake and noticed that she multiple "pad" looking things all over both her feet. they did not look like the one on the ducks feet and they are not affecting her walking at all. so now i have two birds with these things on thier feet and the goose is not very tame and her mate attacks me when i pick her up. I dont know what to do i am loosing my head
he.gif

Can you get her away from the gander and soak her feet so you can really tell what your looking at, since she isn't having problems walking maybe just some soaks will take care of it. I'm sorry this is going on, we have to take the good with the bad and it sometimes feels like it gets piled on us but try to keep a positive outlook, that it will be okay. Just more work on your part, but you have given these guys a better life I am very proud of you for doing that.

Mabey you can soak her a few times while you are treating the muscovy. Keep an eye on it untill after breeding season is over. Mr. Gander will probably not be as possessive of his girl then. As Miss Lydia said you did a great thing by rescuing these guys, and you will get over these hurdles! With time they will come around and not be as wild, they will learn that you take care of them. Give some treats once in a while to get them nearer to you, it may help them come around .
wink.png

yea yesterday i soaked the scovys foot for about 20 min then put her in her cage and then got the sebbie. she was wild and hard to catch her but as soon as i put her in the tub to soak, it was like it tranquilized her and she did not fight or even move or make a noise it made it realy easy to soak her she was soaking for about 10-15 min. I have noticed that my grey sebbie gander does not breed her he breeds my white sebbie thoe dont know why he dont breede her.

And thanks Miss Lydia for the support in this thread and others you have help me in

also sean s thanks for the support and info you have provided.

and paintbrush i dont know if that is supoes to be a good or negative post if it is negative i dont know why?

Where are you located Poultry09? Maybe there's another BYC'er that lives nearby and could maybe help you with the bumble foot?

I have dealt with it on some of my chickens and always peeled the scab off and pushed out as much gunk as i could then put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a gauze pad & vet wrap. It's gone within a week and it gives them a ton of relief.

A ducks foot would be harder to wrap though, you may have to create some kind of platform(like a "splint") to set the foot on before wrapping it.

i live in rainier oregon. if i where more experienced i would try to drain the injury but i have no idea what to do when it comes to this stuff and now i wish i had more experience in the medical part but i am in 10th grade so it is hard to study that stuff while in school:(

I have seen some posters on here from Oregon now whether they live close enough to help you that i don't know but maybe rephrase you post to ask if anyone in N,S,E.W,or middle Oregon would be willing to help you? Since I don't know where in Oregon Rainer is thats why I put nsewm. Hopefully there would be someone close that would be able to help.

ok i should be able to do it but if i ever need some help i will be sure to see if any one can help. yesterday i took her down to the pond ( about 100 yard's from the coop) and she walked all the way back to the coop when she was done with out limping and taking a break (she normaly takes 5-6 breaks ) so i am hopeing that means she is getting better. the thing on the bottom of her foot is really rock hard and i tried a little to pull it off but it did not come off.

ok i should be able to do it but if i ever need some help i will be sure to see if any one can help. yesterday i took her down to the pond ( about 100 yard's from the coop) and she walked all the way back to the coop when she was done with out limping and taking a break (she normaly takes 5-6 breaks ) so i am hopeing that means she is getting better. the thing on the bottom of her foot is really rock hard and i tried a little to pull it off but it did not come off.

I'd keep up the soaks it should help to loosen it up. Glad to hear she was walking better yesterday without a limp...
thumbsup.gif

yea i will definitely keep up the soakings at least till it is gone but will proably do it a week or so after it is gone but i am hoping she keeps getting better
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom