1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP PLEASE~!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellim, Jun 24, 2008.

1. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I have a broody hen that is about 2 days from hatching, if that. I went out this morning and one of her eggs was on the ground with half the shell missing and the inside had some blood in it. The other eggs were in the nest but we started out with 6 and are now down to 3. I took the eggs from her because she is no longer wanting to set on them. I put them in the incubator but what do I do now??????? I know that most likely a opossum got in there. We have an infestation of them. What do I do about the eggs??????? Please help!!! Oh BTW, I currently have eggs in my incubator already that are on day 8, what do I do?> I only have the one incubator!!!!!!!!

Kelli
    Mom to Christopher 6 years old who is terminally ill and Autistic. We are raising Chickens as a relaxing way to escape from all the medical things in our lives as well as teaching Christopher about life. Also for homeschooling science credits!!

2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Since you can't crank up the humidity on the bator with eggs in it, this is what I would do.

Turn on your oven...very low...and stick your thermometer in there to make sure it is 99-100'ish. Put a large dish of water in it for humidity. Put the eggs in it on a towel and prop the door open around 2 inches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by