HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theduckgirl4110

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Of my 5 week old ducklings is sick i think. She is an ancona and she cant stand up. I dont think there is anything alese wrong. Even in the bathtub she cant stand up only a little. Does she need niacin? I dont have a vet and i dont have the money either. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of my 5 week old ducklings is sick i think. She is an ancona and she cant stand up. I dont think there is anything alese wrong. Even in the bathtub she cant stand up only a little. Does she need niacin? I dont have a vet and i dont have the money either. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duck girls, niacin is very cheap and I'm thinking will help your duckling, go to a dollar store and by niacin in capsules then open capsule and add to their water, if it's 500 meg dose then only mix about 1/4 in a gallon of water. They need 100-150 mg in a gallon of water then add this to what ever your using to give them water. What are you feeding them? temp in brooder?

Thank you. I bought some niacin and Im adding it to her water. Im feeding them agrimaster chick starter and the temp is around 80 or so but they are going to get less and move to a bigger home.

Thank you. I bought some niacin and Im adding it to her water. Im feeding them agrimaster chick starter and the temp is around 80 or so but they are going to get less and move to a bigger home.
At 5 weeks they don't need temps at 80* so moving them to a bigger brooder and cutting heat back to about 70 will be much better and hopefully you'll see improvements doing that and adding the niacin. Please keep us updated..

Well, my little duckling has died, so Ii think that there was more things wrong with her than just the niacin def. So I just have her little sister left. Just one duckling. I have moved her ( tilly ) to a hage three ply cardboard dog biscuit box. ( Trust me, It's huge) She does'nt have the heat on her anymore because I did the night I moved her to the box, and she had the heat on her, she was panting. Well, tilly is just about heartbroken as much as I am. She was honking at 2:30 in the morning, so I had to lay on the floor next to the box with my face close to the door I made in the box. She was so sad and confused. She put her beak through and layed it on my face all night. I feel bad for her so I'm focusing on getting her a new sister. the problem I'm having is (1) almost alll the stores don't sell anymore ducks for the year (2) if they do they arent sexed or the breed i want and (3) I want my money back for both of my ducks. I'm working on getting more now so that's under control. I want my money back because first off, I got the wrong breed of duck and because willow died within the warranty period. Tilly was supposed to be a cayuga but she is a khaki campbell, and the one who died ( willow ) an ancona, but was obviously a pekin. S o I am so mad at farm and fleet for giving me the wrong ducks and the ones i was supposed to get, probaly ended up going to someone who is just going to eat them. I can't believe it!! I f me and Tilly haven't suffered enough!! But I thank you for the advise and I'm still giving tilly the niacin anyway.Thank you for all the helpful tips you've given me since i joined BYC.

Back
Top Bottom