Help!!!!! Please!!!

I can't imagine someone would want a cochin to eat (there are so many other good eating birds), but if I were you I would try to sell at a premium it to discourage buyers from slaughter.

I would try craigslist. He's a beautiful bird and I agree, I don't think anyone would want to eat a cochin at this age, he's all fluff and no meat. And cochins are soo docile if you have fighting folks in your area I can't imagine they'd be at all interested in him, either. You can always get a feel for folks who come to pick up a bird, and if they set off bad things on your radar, just decline to sell to them.

If I didn't live in such a muddy area, I'd love large fowl cochins and have a dozen! As it is, I have 4 bantams for broodies and they live on shavings over cement.

Thanks everyone! My beautiful Cochin roo is going to live on a farm in a nearby suburb! I found an older gentleman who has chickens and roosters and adores them as pets! He is excited to have such a big beautiful bird join his crew! I am so incredibly thankful for the advice and help! This is a wonderful community to be a part of!

Back
Top Bottom