HELP! Polish pullet hurt.

Sauron1

Songster
May 19, 2021
Hobbiton, Middle earth
Our 20 week old black crested white polish is hurt. I was out at the time, and I ran to the coop because I heard them screaming. I found her splayed out, panting. I picked her up and put her inside with some water. I checked on her later, and she looked better. Her wing was not drooping as much, and she was panting less. I think that she felt something, freaked out because she can not see, and bashed into something. She lost several tail feathers, and her wing was drooping. Have any advice?

Could she have been hurt by a rooster or a predator? You can sometimes trim some of the feathers over the eyes, but some people tie the head feathers into a band to help them see better. I would keep a close eye on her, make sure that none are bullying her, and hopefully she will recover.

I would never say not to go to a vet if it was necessary or if it would make you feel better. But you may be okay just to observe her and make sure that she is doing okay, eating, and drinking. A covered wire dog crate with food and water kept with her flock is a good way to protect her and water her.

Back
Top Bottom