HELP PROBLEM WITH MY DUCK HEN!

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
Hi, I’ll make this quick. I was going to breed my Crested with a Pekin and then I found out it was not safe. So I took away my crested boy and now my Pekin hen just sits there and doesn’t eat or drink. I introduced her to a new Pekin drake and she only attacks him! Should I just put my crested back and let them breed?!?

00B0CDA8-6FFE-4532-BB15-3A4E191AEAF1.jpeg
That’s my hen and drake! Help please what should I do! She only eats with him

It doesn't matter if they breed, to hatch the eggs she will need to incubate them for 28 days. Just don't let her incubate the eggs if you don't want to run the risk of having symptomatic intracranial lipomatous ducklings.
Ik, I also want ducklings because a fox got into my ducks and killed 10 of them.... i only have some up in a coop now and those two. I need ducklings because I need ducks to keep down algae in the pond

Ik, I also want ducklings because a fox got into my ducks and killed 10 of them.... i only have some up in a coop now and those two. I need ducklings because I need ducks to keep down algae in the pond
I don’t have anymore hens that are old enough

The immediate concern, for now, should be focused on safeguarding the coop so subsequent deaths do not happen. Deaths will keep right on happening if nothing is done to ensure their safety at night. If you want more hens, go check on Craigslist, or contact a breeder near you. Pekins are not known for their broody skills anyway, so it's unlikely you'll be able to get her to sit.

Back
Top Bottom