Help! Prolapse??

I couldn’t feel it when I checked her vent. I did put some lubricant in her vent to try and help as well. When I massage her abdomen I can feel something hard so I’m assuming it’s an egg but maybe it’s something else? It is still so swollen and it wasn’t like this before the prolapse.

I feel so bad, I don’t know what else to do for her :( she’s still in good spirits and is eating and drinking. She is pooping, which I wasn’t sure was possible when they were egg bound, but then what could the swollen abdomen be about? And where the heck did that egg go...

I couldn’t feel it when I checked her vent. I did put some lubricant in her vent to try and help as well. When I massage her abdomen I can feel something hard so I’m assuming it’s an egg but maybe it’s something else? It is still so swollen and it wasn’t like this before the prolapse.

I feel so bad, I don’t know what else to do for her :( she’s still in good spirits and is eating and drinking. She is pooping, which I wasn’t sure was possible when they were egg bound, but then what could the swollen abdomen be about? And where the heck did that egg go...
The egg may have reversed and dropped into the abdomen, nothing you can do about that if that's the case.
It's good that she's eating/drinking and able to poop.
For me, if she's in good spirits and there's no exposed tissue, I would leave her with the flock and monitor her.

Well she layed an egg this morning but abdomen is still quite swollen. It honestly kooks worse this morning than it did last night, but she’s still acting normal. Could she have more than one in there?
I was although thinking this could possibly be water belly but her comb is still red and she’s not having any issues breathing

Attachments

• BB1BF1BC-8EAB-4E45-9C72-20E34CBC16BF.jpeg
    BB1BF1BC-8EAB-4E45-9C72-20E34CBC16BF.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 4
Her lower abdomen appears enlarged. Sometimes that can be a result of ascites or water belly, a hernia, or from internal laying of egg material. I would continue to give her some calcium daily for a few more days, keep her in a warm area if she seems to be laying an egg, and make sure that she is drinking. Let her visit with her flock some each day to remain a part of the flock.

Back
Top Bottom