HELP PROLAPSED HEN ALSO EGG BOUND

I tried to give her eggshell with a big of cooked egg but she wouldn’t eat it if I left her alone or if I. Put it up to her face.

Tums or a human calcium tablet can be inserted into the back of her throat to swallow. Has she ever had treats of egg before? Most chickens love it, but she may not . Has she eaten or drunk any water since yesterday? Is she passing any more droppings?

She’s not been eating that much since it happened and has been drinking regularly. She has passed some droppings but not as many as yesterday and the day before. I haven’t fed them treats of egg before, I guess it kinda freaks me out and since I’m the one who dose all of the chicken chores i know nobody else in my family has fed them that.

If this is the case since I can’t take her to a vet should she be put down instead ?

Attachments

• B2734AF1-312D-4E9E-AC6F-1E5A2C125C9E.jpeg
    B2734AF1-312D-4E9E-AC6F-1E5A2C125C9E.jpeg
    627.8 KB · Views: 8
No I appreciate all the advice you’ve given me I really appreciate your help and that of everyone else who has tried to help. I have a feeling she might not survive tonight and so if she dose then we will put her down in the morning most likely. I’ll miss her as she is the most special of all of my chickens and is only 8 months old but I don’t want her to continue suffer.

No I appreciate all the advice you’ve given me I really appreciate your help and that of everyone else who has tried to help. I have a feeling she might not survive tonight and so if she dose then we will put her down in the morning most likely. I’ll miss her as she is the most special of all of my chickens and is only 8 months old but I don’t want her to continue suffer.
:hugs I'm sorry!

Back
Top Bottom