Help pt.2

aldanfac

Songster
Apr 16, 2023
Maryland, USA
Hello again, this is still about my first hatch.. so the second egg hatched but this guy is tired and needs to relax, the other dude is coming out today he hatched 24 hours ago.. my concern is will he be ok in the brooder all alone for however long it takes the other guy to get his energy up?

Also ignore the day on the incubator settings it for some reason chooses a new number every day lol

Attachments

• IMG_9034.jpeg
    IMG_9034.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 26
Is he all the way dry? If not then just leave him in there (they can stay in the incubator for up to 24 hours)
Hes fully dry and pushing 48 hour this evening… I want to get him out so bad I just feel terrible he’s all alone! What’s the better option leave him in until the 2nd guy is dry enough to move to brooder, or put him in brooder alone for a while…

Before they hatch the chick should absorb the yolk. They can live off of the yolk 72 hours or more. Nature did it that way so an early chick can wait on later eggs to hatch.

Post office regulations use that 72 hours for shipping chicks. By rule a chick needs to be shipped within 24 hours of hatching. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the chicks will be delivered within 48 hours of shipping, thus 72 total hours. Some chicks can go quite a bit longer than 72 hours. You should be OK leaving that chick in there for a while. That is what I'd do.

Before they hatch the chick should absorb the yolk. They can live off of the yolk 72 hours or more. Nature did it that way so an early chick can wait on later eggs to hatch.

Post office regulations use that 72 hours for shipping chicks. By rule a chick needs to be shipped within 24 hours of hatching. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the chicks will be delivered within 48 hours of shipping, thus 72 total hours. Some chicks can go quite a bit longer than 72 hours. You should be OK leaving that chick in there for a while. That is what I'd do.
Awesome thank you so much, I figured it was best so he’s not stressed out

Back
Top Bottom