HELP!! RANDOMLY DEAD TURKEY

TesoroSena

Crowing
Jan 5, 2023
Tennessee
So today i randomly found a turkey dead. This morning and early afternoon he was acting normal, and i came back from some errands and found him sprawled across the grass, head tipped back, dead.
A little back info, he was almost 9 weeks, and we had him in a coop with a sickish hen and a mama and babies. The mama beat up the baby, so we have been putting him and the hen in another little run during the days. The sick hen is skinny, has green poo, and pale legs. Her posture is low, but other than that, she eats heartily, has a bright comb, and is active most of the day, though she seems to walk in slow motion. Just yesterday i noticed he was starting to walk slower like her, have green poo, and suddenly lost a lot of weight. I think he caught what she had, but i am not really sure what is even is.
Lastly, they are kind of mates. He is right about her size rn, and he dances for her, and she lets him mate. We weren't sure what to do, since she is not laying. We just let it be. Other than that fact, and that i found no injuries on him, this leads me to believe she didn't hurt him so... if anyone knows anything i would greatly appreciate it!!

i don't think so... i would like to bury him if possible. i also don't really want to... uh, take him apart... if that is the only option though i would do it so mh doesn't die too.

Hello, I’m sorry for your loss. Doing a necropsy is not the only option, but sometimes it’s best to figure out what you’re dealing with. On the other hand, it’s sad and it almost feels kinda dishonoring in a way (I know they’re just birds but still). Just make sure to quarantine her so that she can’t give the others whatever she has. Then do a lot of research to try and figure out what she has so that you can treat it. Best of luck!

Thankyou, @CloverTheRabbit we are, but since everyone else is mean to Mother Hen except that one turkey, Lonestar was his name, if anyone here has seen my stories of my flock posts, anyway, now she is all sad. I feel super bad for her, but i think we will try dewormer. See, the hen that is still alive actually disappeared for 2 days, then miraculously returned all sick. So i am thinking she got worms maybe from wild animals? Still trying to figure it out.

Hi I'm sorry for your loss I just came across this whole website just today and I came across your post ~
( IF ur LIKE ME AND YOU JUST WANT TO GET TO THE POINT SOMETIMES not read all the backstory or life story LOL BASICALLY TO SUM UP MY WHOLE NOVEL OPEN ONE CAPSULE OF POWDERED ACTIVATED CHARCOAL WITH A 🤏 BIT OF WATER TO DILUTE SHAKE/MIX WELL IN DROPPER AND ADMINISTER FOLLOWED BY A LOT OF JUST WATER AFTER THE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL KEEPING HYDRATED very important and as well as helps shoot out a lot of the toxins and poison a little bit easier SO~
1CAPSULE 500MG ACTIVATED CHARCOAL WILL DO THE TRICK IF YOU WANT TO READ THE WHOLE REST OF THE NOVEL SO BE IT LOL)

I don't normally reply I don't normally post I don't engage in public social media what not but I am making an exception for you because I too am a person that has turkeys and I've had crazy different animal friendships amongst each other and have had a couple similar situations and if I could help maybe in any kind of way..++ I wish somebody would have helped me and save me a lot of heartache and loss so my turkeys 1 of them was pretty much feeling the way you were describing
x-actly as your hen an turkey were I didn't know what or how or where to get any help and it had been going on days and she was getting weaker and weaker and I thought for sure she's going to die anyhow before she got to the point of death it came to me to detox her because she must have gotten into something or somebody from next door through her something poisonous or something like that so I gave it one last shot these are all wild turkeys now mind could never just go up and pick one up you know but she was so weak at this point that she just allowed me to pick her up I brought her in the house I put her in the laundry room in a little box heating pad underneath the blanket made sure she felt safe and whatnot made it nice and warm and I took a dropper (a mini turkey baster) filled it up with THE POWDER of
1-500mg
CAPSULE of ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
and just enough water to mix the powder do not over dilute the powder I gave it to her and I sat with her the whole night through just holding her I made sure to give her water and keep her HYDRATED because of the accelerated speed at which the activated charcoal detoxes and purifies your body BE a HUMAN ANIMAL you must ALWAYS REMEMBER to keep HYDRATED ❗ because of everything that it does take out of you which is just about everything hence it's complete wonderfulness and potentness of something still actually doing what it says it's going to do and at the same time doing a life saving thing👍 too,... so she pooped a whole lot of just watery green/blk water mucousy like just slush basically for a good 2days and next thing you know it looked like she was getting a little bit more lively began eating on her own drinking on her own no more need for the dropper & well one way or another that activated charcoal pretty much basically did the trick saved her life and now 4 years later she just had another batch of little babies and she's doing all right so activated charcoal best thing in the world best best thing in the world for any animal/person that you might think has any type of unwanted toxins or gotten into something &/or has been poisoned in any kind of way or anything like that so I hope this helps now or in the future I know the timeline is late and off but this is when I came across it and I am sorry and I hope your animals will be okay now and in the future¡!🤞‼️❗ Also P.S. if I might add WATER CLEAN WATER FRESH FOR TURKEYS THAT'S ONE OF THE MOST ESSENTIAL HYPER SUPER IMPORTANT THINGS BEING THE FACT THAT THEY USE THE WATER TO COOL THEMSELVES DOWN BY STANDING IN & DROPPING A LITTLE POOP HERE AND THERE IN THE WATER GETS DIRTY QUICKER IT CAN GET MOST DEFINITELY GET CONTAMINATED AND THE OTHER ANIMALS DRINK IT AND ARE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO THE CONTAMINATION AND WE'LL GET SICK WHILE THE OTHER ONES WON'T IT'S JUST A GAME OF WHICH IMMUNE SYSTEM IS STRONGER I GUESS AND LIFE BASICALLY IDK BUT THEY GET VERY SICK REALLY QUICKLY WITH DIRTY WATER SO DO THE CHICKENS so now that I have written a novel lol an all the best 👋🐾🦃🐤

Back
Top Bottom