Help required day 26 still alive

LisaMurph

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
So day 25 yesterday 1 egg remaining to hatch. Didn't see movement so opened air cell there was a peep and movement..today day 26 still breathing and moving opened a little more still red veins tiny bit of blood so stopped and returned to incubator. Chick still moving and breathing any advice greatly appreciated. I know it's chances are slim. It won't let me post video. X

So day 25 yesterday 1 egg remaining to hatch. Didn't see movement so opened air cell there was a peep and movement..today day 26 still breathing and moving opened a little more still red veins tiny bit of blood so stopped and returned to incubator. Chick still moving and breathing any advice greatly appreciated. I know it's chances are slim. It won't let me post video. X
I would just let it alone and let it finish absorbing everything it needs to survive if it were me. It takes a while to absorb all of the veins and yolk sac. It might come out fine hopefully. Good luck.

I would just let it alone and let it finish absorbing everything it needs to survive if it were me. It takes a while to absorb all of the veins and yolk sac. It might come out fine hopefully. Good luck.
So just taken photo. I dampened membranes before I put back in incubator. Didn't want to touch too much as noticeable vein and small blood loss which u can see. Concerned its now all dried on chick!!! Would you still leave well alone. It is moving and breathing. Poor thing.

Attachments

• 20230829_100130.jpg
    20230829_100130.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
So just taken photo. I dampened membranes before I put back in incubator. Didn't want to touch too much as noticeable vein and small blood loss which u can see. Concerned its now all dried on chick!!! Would you still leave well alone. It is moving and breathing. Poor thing.
Sorry with work I was not able to get on here and see this. I hope that all went well and that it lived.

Back
Top Bottom