Help! Rooster with broken leg?

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Hello good morning thank you for reading i had posted a few days ago a hen that was unable to walk and the rooster that was injured so the hen passed but the rooster was getting better now I'm noticing that the roosters leg is getting very thin and it was very swollen and he had a bruise now how did this happen im not sure but I noticed his limp he trays to walk on that leg but ofc he falls down now I wanted to know is it broken or is there some way I can help him I really wouldn't want to lose him since he's so special to me IMG_20230312_083753231.jpg IMG_20230312_083807526.jpg

I highly doubt it's broken. The red seems to be typical hormone flush to me. Bruising on chickens is green.

How did his symptoms start the first time? What did they look like?

A video of how he moves may help us as well.

I highly doubt it's broken. The red seems to be typical hormone flush to me. Bruising on chickens is green.

I see i didn't know always Stoughton red

He just started to limp slightly one day then it just got worse you know he eats and drinks fine he even faces off with other birds when he sees them but his cage is high so there's no pecking or anything but he's normal very active just limping

I'll try and snatch a video as soon as I can and post it on yt so I can send the link

IMG_20230319_100058011.jpg
This is his leg today obviously some type of wound

Link to the video of him walking
IMG_20230319_100054197.jpg

Back
Top Bottom