HELP - Sex my birds please!! *pics*

birdbrain5

Songster
12 Years
Aug 2, 2010
I only have a camera phone, and very active chickens so i had a hard time getting pics, sorry if they are not good enough for you to be able to tell, let me know and i will try later when i have someone to hold them as i take the pictures.
barnie.gif

Also- i dont know how old my chickens are, i got them from an auction and im totally new to having chickens.. well young ones. If anyone could tell me roughly how old they think they are, that would be great!! They are RIR bantams i was told..
idunno.gif

This one I believe is a pullet..?
64605_red1.jpg

This one Im not sure if its a roo.. has blackish tail feathers too.
64605_red2.jpg

Another pic of the one I think may be a roo?
64605_red3.jpg

This pic may be completely useless for anyone to be able to tell anything, but i figured i would post it anyway. this is the smallest of the 3 reds, he/she has a deformed foot poor baby. seems to be balding around the neck area, dont know why.
64605_red4.jpg

This is a pic of all 3, the one in the front is the one im suspicious of being a roo.. then theres the little one who may also be a roo? just younger? then the one i think is a pullet facing the other way.
64605_reds5.jpg

Again- i know these pictures are not great so im sorry if its not enough for anyone to be able to make a guess
hide.gif
.. im just looking for a rough idea on sex and age. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think there are 2 roos. The little one may be little because of the deformed foot. It could be having difficulty getting it's share of food or there could be another defect that you can't see. The others may be picking on it which would explain the balding neck.

hmm interesting.. can i ask why you think they are roo's? im just trying to learn so i know next time! the reason i thought the chick in picture one was a pullet, was because it has a much less defined and red 'thing' on its head. is that called a comb? cant you tell i have no clue
wink.png

from the pics I think the first one is the only pullet. Agree that the smaller one could be stunted from the deformity and that he could be getting picked on. I did have a BSL pullet that had a deformed foot (6toes) but she kept up with her sisters in size, but the odds were against her and a predator got a hold of her and she died. But based on your pics the combs are the only thing I can really see and the roos' are big and red, and the pullet's is small and lighter colored.
Age??? Maybe around 3-4months?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom