Help sexing EEs

DCS

Songster
11 Years
Nov 26, 2008
These guys are about 3-4 months old.

Is there a way to tell? I have been looking for some sort of guide, but am not sure. This is most of them (there's one other I know is a hen, and another I couldn't get a good pic of.)

Also, I presume the roosters are the ones getting picked on the most (I have a big NH and 2 Barred Rocks among others) so although everyone techinically has tails, they are missing feathers.

Thanks!

brown #1
EE1.jpg

brown #2
EE2.jpg

dark one #3
EE3.jpg

speckly one with dark-feathered thighs #4
EE4.jpg

speckly one with liight-feathered thighs #5 (the one in the back is the one I couldn't get a decent shot of.)
EE5.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have all hens except the 3rd pic (notice the red wattles developing). Possibly #4, as well....but I don't really see any wattles, but it does have those long neck feathers that roos get...can't think of the word for them at the moment.

Also...the hens can have feathers picked out, too. I have 2 hens that NEVER have tails, no matter what I do...lol.

Last edited:
All roos? Eh, I wouldn't be surprised. Sigh. It was a straight run, which I figured was safer for a beginner who expected to lose several.

We already ate one EE (who was "selected out" by the flock and pecked terribly. Not much meat there... especially compared to the massive Cornish Xs in our freezer.)

Long story short, anyone want some pretty EE roos in Central Florida?

Back
Top Bottom