Help sexing Sussex cross, Cockeral or Pullet? 6 1/2 weeks old

Dec 5, 2020
Australia
Hi everyone, I need some help sexing my Sussex cross. I now know that my 2 black chicks are female, I just have 2 more I'm not sure about. I will post some more pictures in a couple of weeks, it should be easier to tell then. I value anyone's opinion, I wonder what you all think it is. It's wattles are the same colour as it's comb. Does anyone think it could still be a pullet? I appreciate any comments.
DSCN0682.JPG
DSCN0685.JPG
DSCN0694.JPG
DSCN0695.JPG
DSCN0602.JPG
DSCN0604.JPG

Offshoreorca

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 15, 2020
Nova Scotia
My Coop
My Coop
I’m suspicious due to the larger comb and pinkish colour, but at this stage it’s still a bit too early to tell for sure. I’ve had a bird or two trick me before, so best to wait a little longer before making a verdict. Post photos again at 8 weeks. What is the Sussex crossed with?

Dec 5, 2020
Australia
I’m suspicious due to the larger comb and pinkish colour, but at this stage it’s still a bit too early to tell for sure. I’ve had a bird or two trick me before, so best to wait a little longer before making a verdict. Post photos again at 8 weeks. What is the Sussex crossed with?
I don't actually know. The woman I got it from did not tell me it was a cross, but she also breeds ameraucanas and they have grey legs? She also breeds a variety of others so I am not sure what it is crossed with. I will post photos at 8 weeks.

Dec 5, 2020
Australia
OP said yesterday (or possibly the day before) that she would post new photos in 2 weeks. Not sure why there's a new thread with same photos. 🤔
I know I said I would post in 2 weeks ( I will ) I just got so excited about this website and people helping each other. I started a new thread because the old one had the black ones in the photos and now ( thanks to this website! ) I know they are female. I live in a place which is strict about roosters, so I was just hoping to get a few more peoples opinions. " sorry ".

Overo Mare

🙄🤚Karen
Premium Feather Member
Aug 26, 2019
Small-town, Virginia
I know I said I would post in 2 weeks ( I will ) I just got so excited about this website and people helping each other. I started a new thread because the old one had the black ones in the photos and now ( thanks to this website! ) I know they are female. I live in a place which is strict about roosters, so I was just hoping to get a few more peoples opinions. " sorry ".
I understand! Hoping they're early developing girls for you. 🤞

Top Bottom