HELP! She looks sick!

If you can get it tonight then I'd go ahead and use that. I just don't know the dose for it. Do a quick search on this forum or Google it, should be able to find the info. Good luck, hope she does ok.

Here's the dosage for the drinking water solution.

Dosage: Poultry

Add 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz) to each gallon of drinking water, or the contents of the 16 fl oz container to 16 gallons, or the contents of the 1 gallon container to 128 gallons. Following administration directions below, this will provide a recommended dose of approximately 61 to 89 mg/lb/day (134 to 196 mg/kg/day) body weight in chickens and 53 to 130 mg/lb/day (117 to 286 mg/kg/day) body weight in turkeys, depending upon the dosage, age and class of chickens or turkeys, ambient temperature, and other factors.

Should I leave her in the hen house or bring her inside? I was worried it might be too warm in here, but maybe she should be inside?

not that Ive seen.
We were gone all day. As soon as I noticed she wasnt looking good I gathered oats and treats and water and keifer EVERYTHING to see if she would eat and drink SOMETHING and she just stood there!

She is our number 1 around here and the kids hold her everyday. She hangs out by the porch and I havent noticed anything until today when we got home and she was just standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Well I'd go ahead and medicate her and tuck her into bed. Might dose her again during the night, sure can't hurt at this point. Do you have an avian or exotic's vet near you that could see her? I hesitate to suggest that because I've been that route before. It's a lot of $$ for a lot of tests to try to figure things out plus those tests take time. Though they could tell you if she was egg bound.

Well I'd go ahead and medicate her and tuck her into bed. Might dose her again during the night, sure can't hurt at this point. Do you have an avian or exotic's vet near you that could see her? I hesitate to suggest that because I've been that route before. It's a lot of $$ for a lot of tests to try to figure things out plus those tests take time. Though they could tell you if she was egg bound.
Not that I know of. I will look that up. Doubtful on a sunday though.

barnie.gif

cant get ahold of anyone with anything!!!

I think there is a feed store open tomorrow less than an half an hour away from me. Hopefully they will have some if I cant get my hands on something before then.

Back
Top Bottom