Help, should we wait??

eaglequest

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 6, 2011
Sterling, CO
We are brand new to incubating. Just bought a Brower Top Hatch and our 1st eggs are at 22 days, no pip, no chirping, nothing?? I tried candling but they are so dark/full inside I just can't tell anything. How many days should be wait before we assume they are not viable?

Also, I did kill one chick on accident. I feel so terrible. It was when we were candling and we are still learning. I thought it was a blood ring and thus would be dead. I cracked into a dish so I could examine and learn from my mistake. Well, it was an inch or so fetus with big eyes and I cold see the heart still beat. Everything looked "normal" and no smell or other weird stuff inside. I felt so horrible and I'm really afraid to throw out any other eggs in case I make an error again!

From what I have read, keep them in there and leave them alone until at least day 25. Try to keep your humidity up. I am sure others with more experience will chime in. Good luck!!!
fl.gif

Quote:
x2...25 days! Has your temperature run low throughout incubation? If so, this can cause a later hatch. Give them a bit more time! Good luck. Post photos when they hatch!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom