help sick babys...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by webstertroy88, Jan 5, 2012.

1. webstertroy88

webstertroy88 New Egg

Dec 10, 2011
    I am new to this.. I have 4 3 month old americanas and had to rehome a 1 year old rir tonight the guys that came over said that my babys sound real bad like they has a bad cold.. what can I do to help them... They told me one looks like it wont make it....

2. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    have not dealt with this problem but you may need to give more info to get some help.

3. webstertroy88

webstertroy88 New Egg

Dec 10, 2011
    What info would be needed? the guys said they sound like they have a bad cold... they sound like they have mukis in there nose one has some coming out.. there is a small one that hasnt grown very much... 2 are very active and 1 is not some much and one.. doesnt even try to move when you go to grab it....

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Do you live near a state operated poultry lab. I would recommend being in touch with them to see if one of the birds could be seen by them to get a definitive diagnosis. It could be CRD - Chronic Respiratory Disease, it could be the result of mouldy food. There are other things it could be.....

Hope this was helpful and have a blessed day! Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by