Help :( sick chanteclers

beckyam

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 25, 2014
I am new to having chickens, and we have had our girls for maybe 2 months. We have a mix off breeds and have made different groups for those that get a long and those that don't. We have a few Chantecler chickens, supposed to start laying soon. I have noticed for about a week or 2 we have one that sleeps all day on her roost and keeps to herself at night in the corner. She is never disturbed by anything going on around her. I don't find this normal..? We have also another Chantecler is much worse shape, she started being off balance, keeps her head tucked in and to the left. She has gotten worse and now can't stand and falls immediately on her face when I try to stand her up with a big bulge in front. Her body seems to be contorted to one side. She does eat and drink though.. We've had 2 chickens die already with like symptoms.. (Different breed)Off balance, drooping wings, one always fell onto her back and couldn't get back up.. I am overwhelmed with everything I've researched as it could be any number of things.. All the other girls seem to be fine, but I don't want them all to get whatever this is.. They have been treated for parasites, and so far they seem the same. (My neighbor gave me DE (sp?)) before we bought the property the barn was filled with old wood and old raccoon droppings.. Which we cleaned out well.. But who knows what chickens can scratch up.
[/IMG][/IMG]
The first and 2nd picture is of the girl that sleeps all day.. The 3rd of the girl is rough shape that can't stand.
If anyone has any ideas, please please help! Thankyou.

Oops that one pic is of the rough one this is the one that sleeps all day and keeps to herself

Hello,
My chicken who was in better shape today is in worse condition today.. She is laying on her side, she's cold, eyes closed, difficulty breathing, mouth always open and clear mucus coming out.. It's like her neck spasms when she tries to take a breath.. :( anyone?

Back
Top Bottom