Help sick chicken!!! Please

Did the corrid help? I have a hen with similar symptoms.
A quick inexpensive way to determine if your chickens are coming down with coccidiosis is to take a sample of poop from the chicken with the most symptoms to your vet and request a fecal float test for parasites.

This test can be done in an hour and is quite affordable and conclusive. You will know if your chickens have a high number of coccidia in their intestines and/or worms. Then you will know what to treat them for removing all guess work.

A quick inexpensive way to determine if your chickens are coming down with coccidiosis is to take a sample of poop from the chicken with the most symptoms to your vet and request a fecal float test for parasites.

This test can be done in an hour and is quite affordable and conclusive. You will know if your chickens have a high number of coccidia in their intestines and/or worms. Then you will know what to treat them for removing all guess work.
Evidently, in my area the vets will not do this for poultry. Our closest vet that sees poultry will only do the test with an examination. They really make things difficult and expensive.

Shop around. Tell the vet you need this service but you will assume all responsibility for treatment once they provide the test and results. No need for them to see the chicken. Not all vets are unreasonable greedy asses. Call until you find one who will do it. Usually, a vet who see other pets in your household will be more willing to do this.

Shop around. Tell the vet you need this service but you will assume all responsibility for treatment once they provide the test and results. No need for them to see the chicken. Not all vets are unreasonable greedy asses. Call until you find one who will do it. Usually, a vet who see other pets in your household will be more willing to do this.
Good idea. I only called three but I will try a couple more. Maybe a smaller practice will help.

Sorry for late response she passed the same day, she wasn't eating or drinking, hope yours is doing better!!

Back
Top Bottom