HELP! Sick chickens

so with the liquid is it add to the water or injected?? or used like ivomec was? thanks so much for your help- i did have some of the horse paste i gave to one of the girls that is in isolation and she was eating much better today
The safeguard liquid goat wormer is given orally, use a syringe without a needle to administer. Repeat again in 10 days, 14 day withdrawal after the 2nd dosing.

i used the horse safeguard i had, but will go pick up the goat version monday- the difference in my 'sickest' hen has been night and day.... so i am sure all of them need it...Thanks Dawg, you hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:
I use Safeguard dog wormer. (Fenbendazole) Each 4 gram pouch treats 40 lbs. I mix it with cooked oatmeal and give each chicken a spoonful. Easy enough.

I use Safeguard dog wormer. (Fenbendazole) Each 4 gram pouch treats 40 lbs. I mix it with cooked oatmeal and give each chicken a spoonful. Easy enough.

ohhh...now that would work- have heard of putting the paste on bread- but invariably some one gets more the way they snatch it!:)

ohhh...now that would work- have heard of putting the paste on bread- but invariably some one gets more the way they snatch it!:)

Safeguard equine paste will work, a "pea" size amount on a piece of bread for each chicken. Gather your birds in the pen and close your pen. Block off an area where you can put in one bird at a time and toss in a small piece of treated bread, The bird will gobble it up, then grab her and then release her outside the closed pen into the yard. Piece of cake.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom