help sick peacock

Quote:
yea.im sure its coryza.very smelly.i mean very smelly.im kinda of scared to give him a shot in a way because ive never done it before.
i dont want to go "through" the neck.and i cant get him to eat no matter what i give him.he usually goes on the back porch but hasnt made it there in about a week.i tried throwing him some scrtch grain.he didnt want to fight the chickens for it.i tryed giving it to him separatley and he didnt want anything to do with it.so i dont know.and i cant force feed him. his beak wont come open. he seals it shut if i try to get it open.what to do?

glad to hear he is doing a little better. I am not expert in anyway, but it seems like force feeding would be a bad idea. If I read the others comments correctly, I think the idea is to try and tempt him with something he might be willing to eat on his own like eggs or other pet food and such. If I understood the directions on giving a shot in the neck, it didn't sound like a great tragedy if the needle went through two fold of skin, just that the medicine wouldn't get inside the bird if it did. If you want more ideas you might do a search in search for the disease name for other threads that have ideas. Good luck. I hope your birds make it.

Back
Top Bottom