Help! Sick pullet (lethargy, watery poo, pale comb)

psedge16

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 17, 2015
[/IMG]My twelve week old pullet is sick and I'm out of ideas what could be wrong.. I currently have one recovering from mareks and doing extremely well, but this doesn't look like mareks. Her comb is pale, she's fluffed up and her poo is extremely liquid (with some red), but I've also dealt with cocci and it doesn't look like that. She is always thirsty and drinking and eats some but isn't as interested as she used to be, and falls down/can't jump if she gets pushed. She isn't wobbly or anything, but seems weak
1f62d.png

Last edited:
I would go ahead and treat her with Corid for coccidiosis. At her age that is the most common problem, and since she has diarrhea with red, is not eating, and is puffed up, she fits the symptoms. Give 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 days. If you have had Mareks in your flock, then one of the problems of it is that it reduces the immunity to common diseases. After treating her, I would give her a few days of chicken vitamins and some plain probiotic yogurt, or some poultry nutridrench 2 ml daily. Sometimes having a few fresh droppings examined by a vet for worms and coccidia can save some time. Enteritis can also affeact chickens who have had cocci.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom