Help! sick rooster

My dad just called some friends who had necropsies done and they had to go to orono so I guess thats what were doing..

I already told you that I just talked with the state vet and she said they only do them in Orono, not in Augusta. Sorry for all the confusion, I know it is stressful. It is best to get this info before you lose one. If you cannot get the necropsy, I would at least get all the information in case you lose another chicken.

I already told you that I just talked with the state vet and she said they only do them in Orono, not in Augusta. Sorry for all the confusion, I know it is stressful. It is best to get this info before you lose one. If you cannot get the necropsy, I would at least get all the information in case you lose another chicken.
sorry, i'm just stressed. I think I can get the necropsy but I will make sure I save the info. Thank you for calling. I appreciate it.

We cant bring him today so maybe tomorrow. Now my parents are saying is it worth it because what can you do about it even if you find out its mareks and if its not then what? But do you all think I should still get one? They will definitely support me if I decide to.
It just makes me sad thinking he will end up in the trash. Will he? Or do they burn them?

And thank you so much every one for all your help. I could not have done that without you and he wouldn't have lasted thins long. I really appreciate it. :hugs

I think that it may be worth $25 to see if something else was wrong. But it is up to your parents. If you are located far from Orono, it may be a difficult trip. You can inquire as to what is done with the body afterward. I would want to know if my flock had Mareks or not, because that means that you need to close your flock, and not sell or give away birds. It means not showing birds. But the total cost could be $75 if the basic $25 necropsy doesn't give answers. It is up to you and your family. If it is Mareks, you can know what to expect in the future. Some people breed the birds in their flock who do not show symptoms, but any birds in a flock with Mareks should all be considered carriers.

I think that it may be worth $25 to see if something else was wrong. But it is up to your parents. If you are located far from Orono, it may be a difficult trip. You can inquire as to what is done with the body afterward. I would want to know if my flock had Mareks or not, because that means that you need to close your flock, and not sell or give away birds. It means not showing birds. But the total cost could be $75 if the basic $25 necropsy doesn't give answers. It is up to you and your family. If it is Mareks, you can know what to expect in the future. Some people breed the birds in their flock who do not show symptoms, but any birds in a flock with Mareks should all be considered carriers.
Ok. I think we'll do the necropsy but we'll decide early tomorrow morning.

Now their saying if another one dies and its at the beginning of the week we can send it in but they don't want to take the time to bring him in tomorrow. They said we can do one here, but could we actually find out if it is mareks that way? Then I could bury him too and he wouldn't end up in the trash or something. If it would really be better to bring him in I can try to convince them.

Back
Top Bottom