Help !!! Sick Silkie ??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kbreak, Mar 14, 2012.

1. kbreak

kbreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    Columbia, MS
    I have a silkie that is about 14 weeks old. This morning she is sick. Not getting up. She seems weak. Don't hear or see any signs of resp problems. I had taken another hen out of the pen a few days ago for resp problems and isolated her and giving sulmet. This silkie doesnt appear to be having any resp problems. What do I do? How can I figure out what is wrong? I think I may heve put a little ACV in their water day before yesterday but if it was their waterer it was a very small amount.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am new to chickens and I don't know what to do or look for. Please HELP !!

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

For young birds that are on the ground that becomes weak, I always treat for two things first... Coccidia which I like using Corid but you can use Sulmet and also worms... Which on sick birds I use Safeguard liquid or paste. For her size two drops in her mouth of liquid for three days, in paste a pea sized drop in her mouth. Repeat in 14 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by