Help... Sick Turkey tom

Can't remember if I mentioned in post before that he also has been stretching his neck and swollowing alot.

note sure but if chickens can get gape worm s can a turkey , coud have some type of infection going on too,

@slordaz, makes a good point about getting a fecal done. Call your vet and ask the if they can check some of his poop for coccidiosis, worms, bacteria, and yeast.
I may be able to get the baytril from her but she said her schedules been so busy that she can't commit to doing a fecal but would send a sample to the state lab for me but it would cost $35. I'll have to see if my dog vet can do a fecal but won't be able to find out til tomorrow.

I think he was de-wormed for five consecutive days.
isn't gape worm a different treatment though? is not awake enough this morning though to even find the coffee so I will just shut up until properly caffeinated lol

dang op thats expensive, I ordered the stuff on amazon for in case I need to do a fecal float test, for simple fact chickens aren't going anywhere at my house any vets office should be able to do it, easier sometimes at your pets vet that you lready have working relationship.with

Back
Top Bottom