(HELP!) Signs of animal in backyard?

Quailberries

Songster
Apr 7, 2019
Southern WI
Yesterday I was cleaning the coop, putting all the old pine shavings in your basic 5 gallon bucket. I normally empty out the bucket in a little composting area in my backyard, but I guess I forgot to do that, because when I woke up today the bucket was near the coop, and it looks like an animal had tipped it over! Or at least, i'm assuming it was an animal, as the shavings were more scattered than I imagined they would be if it was just the wind.

My flock is perfectly fine, thank god, but i'm worried as to if the animal (whatever is was) is going to go for them next. Any ideas on what it could of been/what steps to take tonight? My backyard is surrounded by a picket fence, so it couldn't of been something like a fox.

Do you have a game camera you can put up. Often times the critter may be back for an opportunity.

Foxes can easily dig and jump over a fence.But i doubt it would be tipping things over. Probably Raccoon or Possum looking for food.

We have a lot of coyotes here but I also see a lot of other predators on my cameras. Here are a few pictures. I see the predators mostly at night.
DSCF0001tues 03.jpg
DSCF00023312019 01.jpg
DSCF0002112019 01.jpg
IMAG0003124 02.jpg
DSCF0002124 05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom