Help! Single hatched chick

dottie15

Chirping
May 18, 2022
Hello! Yesterday afternoon when I checked on my hen I noticed one of the two eggs she was laying on was cracked and was able to hear the chick chirping. When I got home today, the chick was out of the shell. It’s been cold and gloomy where I live so I rushed to buy a heating pad and have the chick cushioned with a blanket and the heating pad right under in a shoe box. This is it’s current state. He’s in a fetal position and I haven’t heard him chirp. I’m not even sure he’s alive but he is warm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5438.jpeg
    IMG_5438.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5439.jpeg
    IMG_5439.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 9
Touch him look for a reaction push his leg see if he moves it back towards himself or not

Hello! Yesterday afternoon when I checked on my hen I noticed one of the two eggs she was laying on was cracked and was able to hear the chick chirping. When I got home today, the chick was out of the shell. It’s been cold and gloomy where I live so I rushed to buy a heating pad and have the chick cushioned with a blanket and the heating pad right under in a shoe box. This is it’s current state. He’s in a fetal position and I haven’t heard him chirp. I’m not even sure he’s alive but he is warm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
See if he moves when you touch and move him around

Back
Top Bottom