Help!! Sleeper 1 month old Late bloomer???

Society Finches

In the Brooder
Dec 12, 2018
My pair of Society finches had 5 babies on 12/20/18. 1 of the eggs wasn’t hatched until about 5 days after the first egg hatched, well I have noticed since last Thursday the smallest looking baby slept all day, feathers plumped all day, and for 3 days he did a quiet chirp sound almost all day when he was asleep during the day.... I noticed he was the only one who still begged for food, and parents no longer feed him.. ( I had seen all of the babies eat and drink on their own even this one ). I cleaned out their cage threw out their nest and gave them a fresh nest so so they would sleep only, water food .. (thinking he was sick from dirty nest ) well 2 days later he doesn’t seem to do the noise so much when sleeping but he still sleeps almost all day long, and since Thursday I have noticed feathers on the floor.... when I hold him ( I have held all babies ) he looks very small almost like he can’t balance on his big feet ! He likes the warmth of my hand and to be held, he does fly very well too. I was thinking on buying him vitamins, separating him from cage for feathers problem ( maybe other birds are picking on him ) and I have started to remove 2 birds which went to another home already.. Any suggestions or comments Advice is very welcomed. Thank !!
Also which vitamins should I provide ??

Also which vitamins should I provide ??[/QUOTE] not sure.\

If he still begs for food I'd hand feed him. It's really not that hard. He sounds like a baby that was seriously neglected. I hand fed a gouldian finch using tweezers. Hard boiled egg mixed with dried bread crumbs. He lived to maturity a became a beautiful male. We named him Mosquito; he constantly flew around our heads.

Back
Top Bottom