Help!!! Smelly Poop, Cannot Stand Or Walk!!! Emergency! **update #47**

Quote:
Thanks but I don't think that's it....she's very off-balance. My birds are on layer feed and have free-choice calcium and grit. She tips to the left and then almost over backward. She is still the only one showing these symptoms. I have had my same chickens since I got them as chicks in May of 2007. No new ones and I haven't taken them off my land...I am wondering if it's an ear infection? She keeps trying to preen herself around her shoulders????

Yeah I dont know I tried, I dont know much about infections or anything in the sickness topics.
sad.png
sorry I tried.

Quote:
Thank you for your help! I am sorry I did not mean to sound mean I am just frustrated and worried about my hen.
sad.png

How about mericks?very possable . Maybie with a respotory infection? that would explain her being off balance. And the respotry infection will explain the bubbles in the eye.

Quote:
Thank you...but would 3 year old chickens who were vaccinated suddenly get it? I think it usually affects younger birds? She will be four years old in May. Her breathing sounds a little snotty and I noticed her sinus area heaving a lot when she breathes. But no rattles or gasping for air.

Oh and it's just one side that is weird and is off-balance (her right side). No wing or neck paralysis.

I suppose I can try giving her some Corid to just be on the safe side? I had that go through my flock three years ago (when they were much younger). Her symptoms are not the same though. I remember my birds with diarrhea, all puffed up like they were cold and yet standing....

Back
Top Bottom