Help!!! Smelly Poop, Cannot Stand Or Walk!!! Emergency! **update #47**

I don't know enough to help, but you might try searching (in the search at the top of this page) for foaming eyes. That sounds familiar, but I'm really new at this. This will also keep your question at the top of the list.

Good luck with your girl. It does sound serious.

I just bought some water soluble Tylan online too Amazon had the best price I could find. But it won't be here until next week...

Ok.. not much to go by but will do my best for you ok

Think your birds have a mycoplasma... infection

They need Tylan 200 injections.. for 5 days

Also the bird that is sick now.. could be a form of Rickets.. so make up this formula and feed it to the bird

Don't allow it to just lay on its side... lungs will fill up with fluid and it will drown

Make up a sling for the bird .. here are some pictures that you can look at

I also need to know the droppings.. what they look like.. color .. consistency of the dropping.. white caps how much etc.. be very graphic please

As they could have Coccidiosis... and if so the Rickets formula is a no no

*thats what someone wrote on the website, So it sounds like you might have to weight for the tylan. Other wise id keep her in the house and hope for the best, try to get her to eat and drink.

this is what someone built so the chicken doesnt get its lungs filled up this liquid.

55446_chicken_sling.jpg

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044
There
are diagnosis charts at the bottom of the page. One of the diseases mentions foamy eyes - MG.
"foamy exudate in eyes"

There may be others on that page that do as well- I haven't read the whole thing.

I don't have experience with this at all. I thought this webpage might be helpful though.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/se...forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5387475#p5387475#1031

Also the above link is a search for foamy eyes- you might want to look at some of the similar threads from the past to get more answers.

Last edited:
The foam isn't there anymore and was there only after I put a few drops of VETRX into her nostrils...

She hasn't pooped since last night (because she's not eating) and her last poop was brown and sort of liquid. No white in it.

I doubt it's Cocci because that's usually caused by warm weather and wetness. My coop is not heated and it's 4 degrees outside. Their shavings are dry and they eat from rabbit feeders...

Quote:
What would cause one bird who is 3 years old and never left my place or come in contact with an outside chicken to get mycoplasma? What causes Ricketts?

Back
Top Bottom