Help!!! Smelly Poop, Cannot Stand Or Walk!!! Emergency! **update #47**

So an update...she has thick white snot on one side of her beak (one nostril, not the other) and it's the side opposite where she is off balance. I used a toothpick and pulled out a bunch of stuff. ICKKY! I gave her a smell test as I read that Corzyza or whatever it is makes the birds have a bad smell. She just smells like fresh pine shavings? And I have a nose like a blood hound!
smile.png

I got her to stand and she shuffled around a little bit and flapped her wings to try to keep her balance while just standing. She then had a HUGE, explosive, super-smelly poop--thank GOD it landed on the linoleum floor. It smelled like a broody poop. It was brown and mostly liquid with some darker spots in it. There was a small white part as well. It was far more liquid than last night's last poop.

I did get lots of fluids into her (more medicine). I also tried to get some wet crumbles into her. I let them sit in rooster booster for about 10 minutes and then used a syringe to put them into the corner of her mouth. She ate a little bit but drank a lot.

She also is sitting on her breast now with her butt in the air. Oh and her tail is down.

Last edited:
What about sour crop or egg bound? She's not laid any eggs for a while which isn't too unusual since she's almost 4 and a cochin.
smile.png
The more I am reading the more freaked out I'm getting and the more potential disease and aliments I'm finding!

I got her to drink a little more water and she's asleep now. She insists on tucking her head into her feathers....

Quote:
Thank you...but would 3 year old chickens who were vaccinated suddenly get it? I think it usually affects younger birds? She will be four years old in May. Her breathing sounds a little snotty and I noticed her sinus area heaving a lot when she breathes. But no rattles or gasping for air.

HMMM i think any bird can get it but mostly younger birds... look around her body and make shure nothing was attacked giving her head trama? Or maybie she had a stroke? Can chickens have strokes? My grandma had a stroke a couple of years ago and had trouble with one side of her body... Just kinnda brain storming here...

Quote:
Oh so the foam in the eyes was from the vetrx?

Whew!!! Thank heavens!!!

Yeah I am sure it was....it happened (appeared) right after I gave her some and hasn't reappeared since (I haven't given her any more since)....

Back
Top Bottom