Help :(. Snapping turtle injuries.

Ducklala

Chirping
Jun 14, 2022
Help. Injury to duckling due to snapping turtle. I already cleaned with purified water and sprayed with vetericyn. The baby can't walk on it yet. Any other recommendations? I'm keeping him inside. Will it heal?? ❤️💔
20220807_152500.jpg

Is the leg broken? Either way, you should start by trying to find a way to bring that swelling down. You can try giving it oregano, that's known to help with swelling.

If it's broken it will need splinting. Any other injuries? Eating and drinking?
Can you get him to a veterinarian? Pain meds!
Silvadene, neosoprine, or maluka honey are good topicals, and indoors definitely. Towels or disposable hospital pads are good bedding.
Poor guy!
Mary

Is the leg broken? Either way, you should start by trying to find a way to bring that swelling down. You can try giving it oregano, that's known to help with swelling.
Hi, nor sure if it's broken. He does move it when I fill the tub. But limited movement.

Do you mean rub oregano or eat it? If eating, fresh or is dried in water fine too?

If it's broken it will need splinting. Any other injuries? Eating and drinking?
Can you get him to a veterinarian? Pain meds!
Silvadene, neosoprine, or maluka honey are good topicals, and indoors definitely. Towels or disposable hospital pads are good bedding.
Poor guy!
Mary
Indoors yes. Towel and disposable pads yes. It is eating and drinking no problem. Even swimming. But can't stand.

Hi, nor sure if it's broken. He does move it when I fill the tub. But limited movement.

Do you mean rub oregano or eat it? If eating, fresh or is dried in water fine too?
It is edible for animals. They can eat fresh or dried but fresh is usually best. Not sure how you can put it in the water but you can give it as little pieces in her food.

Back
Top Bottom