Help! So many eggs

yes im getting a lot of eggs to what i do is i sell fresh brown eggs and i make scrambled eggs for my chickens they love them

good luck with your flock

yes im getting a lot of eggs to what i do is i sell fresh brown eggs and i make scrambled eggs for my chickens they love them

good luck with your flock
I've sold some of them to neighbours and friends. However, I'm afraid that seeing as the fall is coming my ladies will likely start to slow down in egg production. I was thinking of trying to pickle some of them so I some throughout the winter.

Would that I had your problems.

My grandmother pickles them in beet juice. My mother made some once in two different batches: onions and dill. (none of us kids would touch beets. That was alright--Mom and Dad can't stand them either)

I'd say deviled eggs, but it's a little late in the year for picnic food. Have you tried homemade egg noodles? They're heavier and thicker than storebought ones, and they're quite a bit of work, but nothing makes better chicken noodle soup, and they're a very simple recipe. Just eggs and flour, as I recall.

When my egg count starts to get out of hand, I make crust-less Quiche which uses 8-10 eggs per pie plate. So easy to make and fun to try new things in it and everyone likes it.

Last one I made I used 10 eggs because most of them were small, and added chopped broccoli, ham and crumbled cotija cheese. I add a 1/2 cup of half n half to the beaten eggs before pouring it over the veggies/meat/cheese in the bottom of the pie plate.

Lots of recipes online for quiches, with or without crust but I've found it an easy way to use up the eggs that I don't sell which is usually because they are small in size.

Back
Top Bottom