Help: Sumatra limping?Dislocated lower eg?

She has stopped eating, and I can't find the tendon that might be misplaced.

Have you given her aspirin for pain relief/swelling,if not do so,when in pain they will not eat,i would also add electrolytes in her water(electrolytes help with shock/stress). Did you look at site i posted regarding slipped tendons? Leave her for now,tomorrow try the methods that were suggested on site. If you have a hot water bottle,fill it and place in a pillow case,set beside her. When chickens are not feeling well they become chilled,hot water bottles are great for this. Make sure she is drinking.

Thank you. I did read the information on the site but I don't understand it. I have tried to find where the tendon is or would have slipped but I can't find it. I don't know what to look for. I have "Equate" If that would work? What kind of pain relief should I use?

Thank you. I did read the information on the site but I don't understand it. I have tried to find where the tendon is or would have slipped but I can't find it. I don't know what to look for. I have "Equate" If that would work? What kind of pain relief should I use?

Where the swelling is at joint,gently roll between finger and thumb,see if you can feel it snap back in. If this is to painful for her,which it might be if she has been like this for a considerable length of time,then i would stretch leg out gently,you will have to do this couple times a day for however long it takes to go heal. Try soaking her leg in an epsom salt soak,this is great for sprain/sore muscles. Leave her for now,try tomorrow. For sleeping,roll up a towel,place between her legs under her so that she is laying on towel with leg on either side, this way the weight of her body is off sore leg,hopefully she will stay on it.

You have checked to make sure it is not a fracture?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom