Help! Suspecting coccidiosis

Thank you. I'm very new at this. I've started
It depends on your environment how often you should worm your birds, particularly soil conditions. Warm moist wet soil requires frequent wormings. Cool or cold soil, mountainous or rocky, or hot desert like soil requires less frequent wormings.
How do you know your birds dont have worms? Put fresh fecal samples from several birds in a ziplock bag, shake it, and take it to any vet so they can look at it under a microscope for worm eggs. They'll let you know if you have to worm your birds or not.

It's not common you'll see worms in feces. Why would a worm (parasite) leave its host? The only time you'll see worms is when there's no more room in the guts and they are excreted, or they get old and die, then excreted. By the time you see any of this, damage has occurred to the intestinal lining effecting nutritional absorption. Worm excretions are toxic and makes birds sick.
I worm my birds monthly due to our warm and wet soil. Depending on the wormer I use, we eat the eggs after worming. Other wormers I use, I toss them in the garbage.
Corid for now. I'll
It depends on your environment how often you should worm your birds, particularly soil conditions. Warm moist wet soil requires frequent wormings. Cool or cold soil, mountainous or rocky, or hot desert like soil requires less frequent wormings.
How do you know your birds dont have worms? Put fresh fecal samples from several birds in a ziplock bag, shake it, and take it to any vet so they can look at it under a microscope for worm eggs. They'll let you know if you have to worm your birds or not.

It's not common you'll see worms in feces. Why would a worm (parasite) leave its host? The only time you'll see worms is when there's no more room in the guts and they are excreted, or they get old and die, then excreted. By the time you see any of this, damage has occurred to the intestinal lining effecting nutritional absorption. Worm excretions are toxic and makes birds sick.
I worm my birds monthly due to our warm and wet soil. Depending on the wormer I use, we eat the eggs after worming. Other wormers I use, I toss them in the garbage.
Thank you. I'm very new at this. I'll keep that in mind about worming

Back
Top Bottom