Help! Temp too high.

Ooooh, sorry for getting it wrong. I thought she said she was reading a forced air, oops! I got confused when Mcranton was asked which one they were using. I think 105 is still high, especially for longer periods of time, if I'm right?

105 is way too high.

104 can kill if there too long.
I think you're right that too cool for a brief period is much better than too hot.
A hen gets off every day. The temperature doesn't go up when she gets off unless it's over 100 outside.

105 is way too high.

104 can kill if there too long.
I think you're right that too cool for a brief period is much better than too hot.
A hen gets off every day. The temperature doesn't go up when she gets off unless it's over 100 outside.
Yup. My first hatch my brand new thermometer was off 6 degrees it was reading warmer than it was. I still ended up with one survivor even though the whole hatch averaged 6 degrees less than it should have.

I had movement in 3 of the overheated eggs!! On day 14! How could they survive 105.5? I checked the temp with two thermometers and they both read 105.5 on day 8. The bator is old and it was probably at that temp all night, but three survived!

I had movement in 3 of the overheated eggs!! On day 14! How could they survive 105.5? I checked the temp with two thermometers and they both read 105.5 on day 8. The bator is old and it was probably at that temp all night, but three survived!
Maybe you got lucky and it wasn't that high as long as you think.
fl.gif

Incubator went to 102 again last night and I am on day 19! Should I candle for movement or just leave be? Humidity has also been hard to regulate. It is between 50 and 75. One change makes a big move in numbers.

Now it is at 97 and if I try to adjust it goes too high. I am going to leave it alone. Just wish I could check to see if they are OK!!!

Incubator went to 102 again last night and I am on day 19! Should I candle for movement or just leave be? Humidity has also been hard to regulate. It is between 50 and 75. One change makes a big move in numbers.
You had answered that you have a still air incubator. The recommended temps for a still aired incubator is 101-102. That is where you want it. And humidity above 65%.

Back
Top Bottom